Goodbye dear friend
It was really a shocking new to my dept. One of our new collick - Poh Boon San who only joined us for 2 weeks was one of the dragonboat victim at Cambodia.
Boon San was such a chatty and cheerful looking chap. He was very hardworking, I saw him asking for note to learn how to work on some tasks.
Imagine I just chatted with Boon San last Thursday, asking him why he wasnt involved in the dept volunteer work. He told me he had a dragonboat competition to attend. I thot the competition was held in Spore. I didnt know he was going to Cambodia for the race.
That was the last time I saw him.
On Sat, I heard that Spore Dragonboat team's boat capsized. I even told Law that I have a collick who was also going for a dragon boat competition, it cant be him.
The next day, I saw my collick photo appeared on the morning chinese paper and my heart sank immediately. He was one of the 5 unfound victims and it had already past 24hrs. Althot I knew the surival rate for him was very low but I do hope there was a miracle.
Meantime, we switched on TV to catch watever news on the accident. I saw the media interviewing his father. I felt so sorry for the family.
The news of the dead bodies found was really devating. My eyes couldnt help but fill with tear everytime I heard and read the news. I couldnt imagine how the family going thru this.
Back in my computer, i still have picture of Boon San that was taken a week back during our dept event. I told Eddie that I will never have the chance to show him the candid shot I took on him anymore
All I can do now is to develop the pictures and send them to the family.
Dear Boon San,
It is so sad to learn that you are no longer with us. We dun even have the chance to know you better.
However, we will always remember how cheerful looking guy you are.
May peace be in you and your family.
Boon San was such a chatty and cheerful looking chap. He was very hardworking, I saw him asking for note to learn how to work on some tasks.
Imagine I just chatted with Boon San last Thursday, asking him why he wasnt involved in the dept volunteer work. He told me he had a dragonboat competition to attend. I thot the competition was held in Spore. I didnt know he was going to Cambodia for the race.
That was the last time I saw him.
On Sat, I heard that Spore Dragonboat team's boat capsized. I even told Law that I have a collick who was also going for a dragon boat competition, it cant be him.
The next day, I saw my collick photo appeared on the morning chinese paper and my heart sank immediately. He was one of the 5 unfound victims and it had already past 24hrs. Althot I knew the surival rate for him was very low but I do hope there was a miracle.
Meantime, we switched on TV to catch watever news on the accident. I saw the media interviewing his father. I felt so sorry for the family.
The news of the dead bodies found was really devating. My eyes couldnt help but fill with tear everytime I heard and read the news. I couldnt imagine how the family going thru this.
Back in my computer, i still have picture of Boon San that was taken a week back during our dept event. I told Eddie that I will never have the chance to show him the candid shot I took on him anymore
All I can do now is to develop the pictures and send them to the family.
Dear Boon San,
It is so sad to learn that you are no longer with us. We dun even have the chance to know you better.
However, we will always remember how cheerful looking guy you are.
May peace be in you and your family.
Comments