Plotted Plants that bloom

Just monday, I bot a pot of African violet when I went pass an old shop selling flowers. This old shop selling potted plants, it doesnt sell many varieties if plants but that African violet that I have looking for very long was there. I cant help myself but to get it back home.

Today, I walked passed the same shop again and the owner is getting in more plants this time.

I saw this Cyclamen plant, and it has a few varieties of Red, violet, pure white or white with a little dashing red at the end of the flower petal. I got the white with dashing red at the petal. The picture attached was not the one I got. I will take a picture of my plant once I got home.

On top of them I got myself / my home another pot of African Violet but this time round was the species with smaller flower.

Here, some writeout for anyone who are interested to get this plant.


Cyclamen hederifolium
Traits: Sun, Shade, Groundcover, Rockery, Container, Cheery and bright, with distinctive downward-facing flowers and attractive foliage, the 19 species in this genus are tuberous perennials. Belonging to the primrose (Primulaceae) family, they are found in Europe, in hills and mountains around the Mediterranean region, and in western Asia. Cyclamen persicum is a particularly popular plant for container culture, and has given rise to a number of attractive cultivars. Most other species do well in rockeries, raised beds, and woodland settings. All parts of the plant are inedible, with the tubers in particular producing a purgative effect, however, the tubers are suitable for use as pig fodder, giving rise to the common name of sowbread.

Flowering Season: Summer, Autum, Winter, Spring

(We definitely need plants that can stand our hot weather and yet still blooming well)
Appearance
Cyclamen species have foliage that may be evergreen or briefly deciduous. Most species have heart-shaped gray-green to blue-green leaves that often feature attractive, marbled, silvery patterning. The flowers, which are held above the foliage on long stems, are nodding, downward-facing blooms with reflexed petals, and come in shades of white, pink, red, or purple. Flowering times vary between the species.

Cultivation
Though hardiness varies between the species, few cyclamens will tolerate prolonged cold wet conditions. For best results, plant in a position in dappled shade in soil that allows perfect drainage. Grit and fibrous compost should be added to improve conditions, and tubers should be planted on or near the surface. Propagat
e from seed or by division.




African Violet is also name Saintpaulia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Couple Watch

Busy and happy Sunday

My 1st 10km - Army Half Marathon