Chinese Sauages

Chinese sausages are a very common food for Chinese but due to health reason we dun really eat that much. We usually find sausages in claypot rice. The youngsters will prefer hotdog or the western sausages.

My MIL as the gourmet expert in the family has her own judgement of food. She usually share with us and for Chinese sausages she recommended The sausages from Tong Heng. Weird? To g Heng sells pastry right and famous for their egg tarts and kaya jam. What the hell got to do with Chinese Sausages? Well, I didn't know that too until my MIL told me about it. Apparently their sausages are really tasty and I can say fresh. The sausages do not appear as they are over done with the coloring and they have a shining oil grease on it. Which mean it was not done month ago and place store to be brot out an sell during CNY time. However, they are bossy about their own product so 100g of sausages cost $3.40 - $3.60 depends on the variety you are getting.

How about cooking?
I used to slices them thinly and fried them crispy but my MIL taught me another way of cooking and it is even more appetizing.
You place the whole sausages into the rice cooker when the rice is half cook. Let it cook with the rice n when the rice is ready, just get rice of the skin and slice them thinly to go with the rice. The fragrant pork lard will seep into the rice. Fattening? How fat can it goes if u dun munch on pineapple tarts after that

Yes, u taste the full goodness of the sauages this way. Trust me an u will love it. On but I can't guarantee if it taste the same if u got other sauages.

My MIL told me about the duck liver sauages that I wanted to try so I make my way to Tong Heng under the fury noon sun. Hot hot....

Make it there and beside getting the liver sauages, I got a small 年糕。



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Couple Watch

Busy and happy Sunday

My 1st 10km - Army Half Marathon