My Son
Julian has been enjoying his freedom to spend his pocket money since he started school. There are times he actually request grandma to give him more pocket money.
We started to check his expenses daily, made him tell us what he had spent during his break. We realised he was quite a big eater. He ordered a bowl of noodle, then an egg, fishball and there are ocassion he will buy a waffle after having his noodles.
Back home with empty stomach he has no problem finishing a packet of instant noodles so school canteen noodles may not be enough for him but he is not just hungry but the craving to eat is stronger.
Totally have no concept of saving, I will have to restrict him to dave $0.50 each day so he will not overspent. There are days where grandpa will spare him additional $0.50 on top of his pocket $$.
There are one funny incident regarding saving....
I was fuming that Julian did not have a simpliest concept of saving. He need to learn to save and not spend all his $$ away.
Mum: Julian, why do you have to spend all you money away. You need to plan what you need to eat.
Julian: But I want to eat the noodles, the egg, something the waffle.
Mum: How much is the waffle?
Julian: $1, if it come with peanut butter.
Mum: That means after spending on noodles and waffles, u left with $0.20
Julian: Ya...
Mum: Can you try to save $0.50 daily? Did you know Jie Jie is also getting $2 like you and she is saving more than you.
Julian: OK, I try lor. I'll save $0.50.
Mum: Good.
Happy with his reply. I am waiting to see the result the next day.
Dad: Do you know what happen?
Mum: Why?
Dad: Do you know how much your son spend today?
Mum: I told him to save $0.50 daily.
Dad: He did as you tell him.
Mum: So?
Dad: In order to save your $0.50. He borrowed $0.30 from the stall uncle to buy other food.
Mum: Huh?????
Dad: because he doesnt dare not to save the $0.50 you tell him to do so.
Mum: OMG!!!!!!!
Dad: Hmm... quite clever right. hahaha...
Look like my method doesnt work anymore. He still does not understand the purpose of saving.
We started to check his expenses daily, made him tell us what he had spent during his break. We realised he was quite a big eater. He ordered a bowl of noodle, then an egg, fishball and there are ocassion he will buy a waffle after having his noodles.
Back home with empty stomach he has no problem finishing a packet of instant noodles so school canteen noodles may not be enough for him but he is not just hungry but the craving to eat is stronger.
Totally have no concept of saving, I will have to restrict him to dave $0.50 each day so he will not overspent. There are days where grandpa will spare him additional $0.50 on top of his pocket $$.
There are one funny incident regarding saving....
I was fuming that Julian did not have a simpliest concept of saving. He need to learn to save and not spend all his $$ away.
Mum: Julian, why do you have to spend all you money away. You need to plan what you need to eat.
Julian: But I want to eat the noodles, the egg, something the waffle.
Mum: How much is the waffle?
Julian: $1, if it come with peanut butter.
Mum: That means after spending on noodles and waffles, u left with $0.20
Julian: Ya...
Mum: Can you try to save $0.50 daily? Did you know Jie Jie is also getting $2 like you and she is saving more than you.
Julian: OK, I try lor. I'll save $0.50.
Mum: Good.
Happy with his reply. I am waiting to see the result the next day.
Dad: Do you know what happen?
Mum: Why?
Dad: Do you know how much your son spend today?
Mum: I told him to save $0.50 daily.
Dad: He did as you tell him.
Mum: So?
Dad: In order to save your $0.50. He borrowed $0.30 from the stall uncle to buy other food.
Mum: Huh?????
Dad: because he doesnt dare not to save the $0.50 you tell him to do so.
Mum: OMG!!!!!!!
Dad: Hmm... quite clever right. hahaha...
Look like my method doesnt work anymore. He still does not understand the purpose of saving.
Comments