A day trip to Kusu Island
I think it is more than 20 year that I last step into Kusu Island. Bro in law suggested to make a day trip to pray and explore the island. Why not??? Furthermore, I was told that Kusu Pilgrimage has a period from 24 Sept - 23 Oct.
Meeting them at 830am, we will be taking a ferry from Marina South Pier to the island but there was limited car park at Marina South Pier so we have to park our car at Marina Bay Cruise Center and took a ferry bus to the pier. The fee to Kusu Island is $18 for adult and $12 for kid. There is a MRT station next to the pier - Marina Bay MRT (NS27) but it was not operational yet else SBS bus service 402 reach the pier too.
Kusu Island is one of Singapore Southern Islands, Is home to the popular Da Bo Gong (Tua Pek Kong) temple and the Kramats. The kramats (holy shrines to Malay Saints) were built to commemorate the 19th century pious man, Syed Abdul Rahman, his mother, Nenek Ghaibm and the sister, Puteri Fatimah.
Pretty smooth and many organised tour from Malaysia to Kusu Island. We went after the 九皇爷 celebration so not as crowded.
Only during the ninth lunar month, devotees will make their way to Kusu Island for the annual Kusu Pilgrimage.
The ferry ride took us 30min. Nelicia was not used to the ride and got a bit cranky. We reached around 9 plus and head for breakfast.
1st time in Kusu island for both the kids. Even Law said he cannot rbr when was the last time he came.
Nice, clean and windy although a bit hazy.
Food was ok. My fried kuay tiao was tasty and Law said his fish ball noodles soup taste like his primary school food. Janelle enjoyed her laksa. ( She loves laksa and I think I have to start learning how to cook that.)
We prayed at the 大伯公庙 before we head up to the Datok Gong temple.
It was quite a climb to us but we saw many old people going up. 不可以丢脸, 一定要上去啦!!!
I asked Law to pay his respect on behalf of the family while the kids and I waited for him. Ther were so many people praying and since Datok Gong was a Muslim the temple helpers are all Malays and you heard HUAT AH HUAT AH...
Xian spotted a queue to seek for blessing and it was for the kids blessing for good result so we got the kids to queue for it.
Julian's turn for his blessing. Bless him with wisdom and good memory to absord all h
the knowledge he learnt.
Blessing Janelle doing well in her coming paper. Of course it was definitely not 临时抱Datok Gong 的脚。
Despite the hazy weather we still enjoyed the cooling breeze and had some picnic with sisters and mum while the kids playing at the beach.
We ended the trip by feeding the fishes using the bread crumb I broughy from home. There was huge tortoise but I was too lazy to take photo. We ended the day with sabu sabu dinner at my place. We had our dinner early and my sisters also get to go home early. Will be a busy coming weeks for the kids.
Comments