儿子加油

Walking into PIL house and Julian approached me with a troubled face. MIL told me Julian had problem with his Maths homework. I relying very much on Janelle to help him when I was not around and Janelle did her part but Julian still couldn't understand what she was trying to say. He showed me the questions, it was the topic on rounding off to the nearest 10 or 100. We went through the 1st question he had problem with but after spending sometime I still see that he was frowning deeply. I pause, wondering if my explanation was too complex for him. I explained to him in another way using a number chart and finally he saw some light. His face actually lightening up a little and we proceed to other questions, using a small technique that will help him along the way. He grabbed the concept well and applied the technique on other similar questions that helped him to move on. He actually knew he made a quite a bit of mistakes earlier and he decided to visit back the questions and made amendments I'm happy with his acts when he decided to correct his own mistakes. 

His confidence level increased when revisiting these questions again. Lastly, he confessed that he couldn't understand what the teacher was trying to teach in class. Although his classmate trying to explain to him, but he still have problem it. I asked him to call me once home when he had problem understand his work and I will rushed back early to help him. 

He looked competent after clearly his work, happy that he could sleep better that night, and ready for the oncoming challenges the next day.  Dear son, Jiayou!

Comments

sohcool said…
That is cool. We are not all formatted the same way. So one method that seems easy to someone might be a mystery to another. Too bad teachers do not have time to cater to each student's concept of things. Glad you can help in his homework.

Popular posts from this blog

Couple Watch

Busy and happy Sunday

My 1st 10km - Army Half Marathon