1st Day in school
The BIG day is here.
I think I am more anxious abt the 1st day of school than Janelle. My sister has being telling me to "prepare" Janelle by telling her abt wat she will be doing in school. I did, I have done all the mental preparation for her. It is up to her to accept the new environment and frds.
I was so kam cheong that we left home at 8:10am. It only took us less than 10 min to reach the school. We are the 1st one to reach the school. Miss Leong is the chinese teacher that welcome us. She is very assuring and guide Janelle to her little "locker" and name card.
Soon more n more parents bringing their kiddos in. I began to wonder why are all boys. It was later that the teacher told me only 2 little roses in the class. Oh.. Janelle's class is call "NEST".
Janelle got upset by a crying tod and started to look for me althot i am just behind her. The little boy refuses to let his daddy goes away from him and started bawling real loud. Luckily Janelle didnt continue to cry and she carry on with the lesson(not really a lesson).
I encourage her to follow the teacher's instruction - line up to go to wash her hands then snack time with the rest of the kids. She has bread with strawberry jam, and i see her finish 3/4 of the it. Well done! (she doesnt really like bread with jam back home)
After that they proceed to playground. Wah that is the happiest lesson for the day. Every kid can forget abt the parents. Well, so do my ger. I just stand aside to see wat she is doing. Beside the teachers take care of the kids. Janelle able to take all the safety precaution while playing at the playground and sharing the equipment with the other kids.
I get good comments abt her from the teacher at the end of the day. I am so proud that she didnt really fuss to be with me all the time.
I asked if she wanna come back tmr. She give me a loud YES with a big smile.
I think I am more anxious abt the 1st day of school than Janelle. My sister has being telling me to "prepare" Janelle by telling her abt wat she will be doing in school. I did, I have done all the mental preparation for her. It is up to her to accept the new environment and frds.
I was so kam cheong that we left home at 8:10am. It only took us less than 10 min to reach the school. We are the 1st one to reach the school. Miss Leong is the chinese teacher that welcome us. She is very assuring and guide Janelle to her little "locker" and name card.
Soon more n more parents bringing their kiddos in. I began to wonder why are all boys. It was later that the teacher told me only 2 little roses in the class. Oh.. Janelle's class is call "NEST".
Janelle got upset by a crying tod and started to look for me althot i am just behind her. The little boy refuses to let his daddy goes away from him and started bawling real loud. Luckily Janelle didnt continue to cry and she carry on with the lesson(not really a lesson).
I encourage her to follow the teacher's instruction - line up to go to wash her hands then snack time with the rest of the kids. She has bread with strawberry jam, and i see her finish 3/4 of the it. Well done! (she doesnt really like bread with jam back home)
After that they proceed to playground. Wah that is the happiest lesson for the day. Every kid can forget abt the parents. Well, so do my ger. I just stand aside to see wat she is doing. Beside the teachers take care of the kids. Janelle able to take all the safety precaution while playing at the playground and sharing the equipment with the other kids.
I get good comments abt her from the teacher at the end of the day. I am so proud that she didnt really fuss to be with me all the time.
I asked if she wanna come back tmr. She give me a loud YES with a big smile.
Comments