Home Accident
We were all in KKH till 11:30pm last night. What happen? Janelle got a mazzive bleed after she knock her at the metal object behind the sofa.
This was wat happened, infact I was not around, I went to get dinner for myself and my MIL.
The moment I stepped out of the lift, I saw my gate open and Julian was standing outside the door, holding on to the Spider storybook. I wondered why was it opened, when I proceed I saw my MIL holding on to Janelle head, telling me that Janelle was bleeding profusely.
I was shocked, I told my MIL to come into the house. I told her we need to go to KKH immediately. Rushing back to the room, I grabbed a towel and told MIL to place it at the back of Janelle head while I get her BC.
MIL went to get help her friend who was also happen to be our neighbour. He gave us a lift to KKH, in the fastest speed he could drive. I never like to go KKH, hearing all the crowd and the long wait but that is the nearest to our place. I requested the nurse to attend to Janelle 1st as he already bleed so much. She checked the head and I could see the bleeding has stop and the blood has clotted but could see how big is the cut. The nurse promised to give me prority queue to see the doctor.
Infact, we waited for a while, since the bleeding has stopped and Janelle didnt complained of giddiness or nausea so I am ok to wait for a little while. But MIL was very kam cheong, she kept asking me why do we still need to wait. She kept repeating the incident over n over again. She must have felt very guilty for leaving the kids out of her sight for just a minute. I blamed no one, just that Janelle was too careless. If she was to sit on the sofa softly, this wld have happen.
Anyway, Law joined us later. I had to recall him back from his gathering with his ex collicks.
Janelle was quite settled down after the inital check from the nurse. She got a head bandage which was very lousy done and kept asking me what she will be expecting. I dun dare to tell her that she may need to go thru stitching and I was told not to give her any water and food.
Finally Janelle was called and the Dr wanted the wound to be cleaned. He explained if the wound still bleed after cleaning up then the stitching procedure will have to be done. If not, he will just applied the glue to wound.
Conclusion, only glue is need. The nurse use LIQUIBAND to apply on the wound to help it to close up. I was so relieved cos I dun think Janelle can take the stitching.
What is LIQUIBAND Tissue Adhesive?
It is Medical Tissue Adhesive. It applys to the wound and replaces stitches.
These are the few pointers I need to take note to help me to take care of Janelle's wound

Janelle's bloody PJ and the weaving method done to help the wound to close. The nurse actually making use of the hair and close the opening.

This is what the wound look like after 2 days. Janelle refused to let me take any picture of it cos she doesnt want to see it herself.
This was wat happened, infact I was not around, I went to get dinner for myself and my MIL.
The moment I stepped out of the lift, I saw my gate open and Julian was standing outside the door, holding on to the Spider storybook. I wondered why was it opened, when I proceed I saw my MIL holding on to Janelle head, telling me that Janelle was bleeding profusely.
I was shocked, I told my MIL to come into the house. I told her we need to go to KKH immediately. Rushing back to the room, I grabbed a towel and told MIL to place it at the back of Janelle head while I get her BC.
MIL went to get help her friend who was also happen to be our neighbour. He gave us a lift to KKH, in the fastest speed he could drive. I never like to go KKH, hearing all the crowd and the long wait but that is the nearest to our place. I requested the nurse to attend to Janelle 1st as he already bleed so much. She checked the head and I could see the bleeding has stop and the blood has clotted but could see how big is the cut. The nurse promised to give me prority queue to see the doctor.
Infact, we waited for a while, since the bleeding has stopped and Janelle didnt complained of giddiness or nausea so I am ok to wait for a little while. But MIL was very kam cheong, she kept asking me why do we still need to wait. She kept repeating the incident over n over again. She must have felt very guilty for leaving the kids out of her sight for just a minute. I blamed no one, just that Janelle was too careless. If she was to sit on the sofa softly, this wld have happen.
Anyway, Law joined us later. I had to recall him back from his gathering with his ex collicks.
Janelle was quite settled down after the inital check from the nurse. She got a head bandage which was very lousy done and kept asking me what she will be expecting. I dun dare to tell her that she may need to go thru stitching and I was told not to give her any water and food.
Finally Janelle was called and the Dr wanted the wound to be cleaned. He explained if the wound still bleed after cleaning up then the stitching procedure will have to be done. If not, he will just applied the glue to wound.
Conclusion, only glue is need. The nurse use LIQUIBAND to apply on the wound to help it to close up. I was so relieved cos I dun think Janelle can take the stitching.
What is LIQUIBAND Tissue Adhesive?
It is Medical Tissue Adhesive. It applys to the wound and replaces stitches.
These are the few pointers I need to take note to help me to take care of Janelle's wound
- The would will have the appearance of a dry scab and should be treated as such - ON NO ACCOUNT SHOULD YOU PICK THIS OFF YOUR WOUND - It will flake off as healing takes place.
- The wound is water resist but should be kept clean and dry. Light showering is permitted and the wound should be patted dry. Do not immerse the wound in water for long periods of time.
- If the appearance of the wound changes or becomes painful or if there are any concerns about the wound, pls seek medical advice.
She was so brave, she didnt cry when the nurse did the cleaning up for her but her head was really bloody. The whole head was covered with dried blood and smell horrifying. Everything ended ard 11:30pm at KKH. She didnt even need to come back for review.
I took some effort to wash her hair, have to be very careful not to touch her wound. Janelle fell asleep immediately after her last milk feed and medication.
As for Julian, he looked quite blurred thru-out but I believe he knew something happened and behave himself well while all of us was in panicky state.
I hope I could turn back time, so I will be ahead of wat going to happen and stop it in time.
Janelle's bloody PJ and the weaving method done to help the wound to close. The nurse actually making use of the hair and close the opening.
This is what the wound look like after 2 days. Janelle refused to let me take any picture of it cos she doesnt want to see it herself.
Comments
Have a good x'mas season.