My comfort Sitiawan food

This is a very rundown and old coffee shop that is situated just beside the chicken slaughtering ground of the old market. The market is no longer there but the two poultry slaughtering grounds are still there. This is the old coffee shop that is selling the very authentic sitiawan Lou Ma Gai. Is the taste that I always love and I can never find in Singapore unless I cooked my own. There are chicken, pork and eggs in the small bowl of Lou Ma Gai. Beside the Lou Ma Gai, it sells Xiu Mai, fishball, baos, eggs stuffing and beancurd stuffings. The stuffing is made of fish meat instead of meat.
This is Guang Pin or we call "Gong Pian" in Fuchou dialect. I dun think Singapore has it as the method of making this required a charcoal stove where the pancake will be sticked to the side of the stove till it was baked. The one I bot contained pork or another type that contained onion. It was so popular that it always sold out very soon so we have to pre-order to avoid disappointment.
This is sitiawan version of "Lou Mee" and it is so much nicer than Singapore version. Just the soup base contained cabbage, bamboo shoot, Jin Zhen (flower)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Couple Watch

Busy and happy Sunday

My 1st 10km - Army Half Marathon