Biggest event this year

I think the biggest event this year is my brother wedding. It is not grand but wedding is alot of hardwork for the family. There is bound to have misunderstanding between families then miscommunication between the old and young generation. Last minutes requirement from the parents, tones and tones of it to blog but I just wanted to take a small note out of it as a memory of events for year 2012.

The sudden urge to hold the wedding cos the bride couldnt wait anymore so the wedding proceed. ROM was done in Singapore and we had a combined dinner in IPOH. Btw, is it not a traditional for the two family to hold just 1 dinner. Usually, we will hold at two venues to take care of our own relatives.

As the couple has very limited resources, the decision was to have it once and for all. Well, I cant agree more cos wedding is quite a tiring ceremony to go thru even as a sister to the groom.

Brother arranged a semi-de for us in Ipoh. It was a great place, clean, spacious and come with all you need as a home. 3 of his friends accoy him back ipoh for the wedding, one can speak so well that he practically have won all the hearts of my relatives.

The wedding dinner was held at a hall, pretty posh for a place in Ipoh. However, the quality of the food was thumb down. Very disappointed with the food and the price we are paying. You can see head shaking and the dissatifactory face from relatives.

We are teasing mum that the next wedding dinner for Mary had to be at Pantai, no more such lousy food again.

The whole event ended for 2 days which is quite a luck cos i dun think I can did it for another day.

We then make a trip back to Sitiawan and then Penang to visit grand uncle. I rbr visiting one of them during my malaysia wedding 8 years ago. Now we are going back again to visit them. I have totally no collection of grand uncle which is actually my maternal grandma's brother. To visit him, I get to visit the old and rundown "HDB" flat of Penang. I must said Singapore has the best housing system then any other countries in Asia.

We left grand uncle place for food venture and got stuck in Penang city jam which made me decided not to go Penang for our year end trip.

Penang is a place of good laksa and fried kuay tiao but we could satisfy ourselves with that. As hawker family and Penang laksa maker myself, we simply cannot agree to the laksa we tasted at Penang. 2 stalls and we failed them, I could probably make a mark for that if I would to open my own stall.

Journey back to Sitiawan is another few hours as we were all caught in a bad jam. The rest of the days were about shopping, eating and packing.

Aeon will be opening in Dec at Sri Manjung. Yes, we cant wait for it to come.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Couple Watch

Busy and happy Sunday

My 1st 10km - Army Half Marathon