Korean style Mother's Day Dinner with 3 mummies

Mother's day is here again. A day worth celebrating but can be expansive for a celebration. Becos Law is going to work on weekends, it is quite impossible to cook so we decided to have the celebration early with my mum.

Wanted to bring mum to try more authentic Korean food after my wonderful encounters at Kim Family Restaurant but we ventured our tastebud to the Korean Restaurant ard Katong and East Coast.

After a few search, I booked JangShou Korean Restaurant when I arrived I realised it was a pure BBQ dinner that doesnt have any a la carte dishes I wanted. I wanted to order Ginseng Soup for my mum so I cancelled the table and walked over to Ju Shin Jung Korean Restaurant instead.

The BBQ buffet is cheaper and they also have Ginseng Chix that I wanted. Faith was very nice to check with her Korean's friend which one worth going and her friend recommended Ju Shin Jung if I wanna try the Ginseng Soup so we ended up there.

Fortunately there was available table as I didnt make any reservation. After discussion we decided to order the Buffet dinner instead. Each is 25++ that come with a few standard meat but no beef, and of course the wonderful side dishes.

My mum liked the sour seaweed soup cos she find it very freshing. Surprisingly, my BIL liked the same dishes too. Ginseng Soup is still too bland for our tastebud, think we are too used to rich flavour food but the dish has a stronger Ginseng taste compare to the one i had at Kim. Jovan said he liked the soup.

I find the side dishes quite ok but still lose out to Kim's, as we sense sincerity in the side dishes Kim's prepared compare to the too common side dishes we can see here.

Meat is so so if eaten alone but the trick of making it more flavourable was the plate of sesame oil seasoned with salt and pepper, of course wrapping it with fresh vege. Din know dipping into sesame oil can be so delicious.

Law was very late and he did not want to have the BBQ meat so he ordered a Bean paste seafood soup. The soup has a stronger flavour and we all felt it taste better than the Ginseng soup. hahhaa..

They served us Korean Barley water which is $1 per head and is free flow. Finally, a cup of ginger tea at the end of the meal. It was a sweet tea but the sweetness did not linger in the mouth for very long.









We have 2nd round of celebration, this time we head for a chilling one. Same recommended by Faith, more like a discovery of the shaved ice by Taiwan just a 5min walk down Katong. We ordered 6 plates of shaved ice with different flavours. There is milk with strawberry by Law, peanut shaved ice with caramel sauce, Macha with red bean, Chocolate with rainbow rice, Lychee with mandarin orange and lastly passion fruit with cocktail fruit. Each shaved ice cost $4 but the weather was so hot that none of us mind to pay for it.








Oops pardon my fats, hope to see a different in a month time.

What is most important? All mummies are happy and satisfied that night!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Couple Watch

Busy and happy Sunday

My 1st 10km - Army Half Marathon