Chocolate crazes..

Janelle is a big fan of chocolate and she needs chocolate everyday to make her happy. She can get really cranky if she didnt get a share of it.

So instead of lousy and overly sugar chocolate I decided to get her some better chocolate to satisfy her craving. I guess with good chocolate, at least she doesnt take too much at one go. I also have a reason to stop her from taking too much each day.

So, I walked over to Awefully Chocolate shop at Joo Chiat and decided to get a 100g of their dark chocolate for a try. Unfortunately they do not allow customers to have any sampling. They packed a 90++g dark chocolate for me which was only about 6 pieces in a box.

Dark Chocolate @ $15 per 100g
The children couldnt wait any longer after seeing the chocolate. I took out one small block, Julian had the 1st bite. His inital expression was "yucks, eeeek" but he soon asking for more when the dark chocolate melted in his mouth and came back for more.
Janelle commented that the dark chocolate was very nice and smooth. I was surprised that the dark chocolate did not taste too bitter and the chocolate powder was not over-powering that gave us a choking sensation. The dark chocolate was very smooth and not too sweet, even Law said the chocolate was nice.
Nice chocolate also meant nice pricing of $12++ for 6 blocks.
Beside that I was crazy enough to add on my chocolate purchased. We went to Suntec City to search for something and since we were there, we dropped by Royce to try their Nama Chocolate. Ffortunately they allowed us to sample the chocolate but they looked quite unwillingly during the sampling. When we asked for another sampling of Mild Cacao, we realised they only gave us half of the piece instead of a whole piece while sampling Bitter.
(You should have seen the face of the shop attendant. She gave me the face that I am there to eat for free)
Janelle and I felt that the Bitter taste nicer and Mild Cacao is too milky and sweet, so we bought one box of Bitter home.
Back home, I cut the both the Awefully bitter and Royce Bitter into smaller pieces to ensure that the kids get to enjoy the chocolate slowly. It is good to teach the kids to take their food slowly and appreciate it. Else I will have a heart attack to see them popping one big piece of chocolate every few mintues. I have to ensure that these chocolate could last me a week or more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Couple Watch

Busy and happy Sunday

My 1st 10km - Army Half Marathon