My painful 1st day at Ipoh

My breaks was finally here and yet I started to feel lost. It is quite rare for me to travel without kids and Law. I started to miss them n Julian kept telling me he will miss me make it worse. I wondered why I wanted to follow my mum back Malaysia the 1st place.

Law and kids sent me to Golden Mile bus terminals where all the inter country buses are gathering. I took Grassland instead as there was no more seats from Sri Manjung. Jennifer said I was very brave to dare to travel alone in coach to Malaysia.

Althot my coach left earlier but it reached the destination 30 min later than my mum buses. We then proceed to 的大舅 house to put our belongings. We head down to the market hawker center for breakfast and visit the morning market nearby. It was Wesak day so we got to see the hawkers selling "Huai Cake" in the market. The Huai Kueh were so colourful but we were told it cannot be eaten, may be due to the coloring so we only looked and take picture. I enjoyed the morning market tour which brot me back to the old time when I went market with my aunt and mum when I was young.

We had our breakfast just opp the market, there was a hawker center that selling many breakfast. I ordered the chee Cheong fun with radish that comes with the curry sauce and a cup of white Ipoh coffee. The food was great n I love the thick and fragrant coffee.



Two hours later, we drove all the way from Gopeng to Ipoh and we were supposed to meet my brother fiancé family for breakfast dim sum at Foo Shan but then my tummy started to cramp very badly. It was so bad that the pain started to traverse from my tummy to my back and I could hardly kept myself straight. The pain was intense that my cousin decided to sent me straight to A&E for treatment.

I couldnt think straight but right down I really do not want to go to Malaysia Hospital after hearing all the horrible treatment story from my relatives. Well, I guessed I have make my judgement just too early. Cousin sent me to Pantai Hospital Ipoh which is a private Hospital in Ipoh.

I was escorted into A&E and surprisingly there wasnt many patients or I can say I was the only one there. I was placed on the bed and I told the nurse I couldnt speak malay and the malay nurse could conversed in English which was quite a blessing. I was asked if I wanted to admitted to the hospital, I wondered was that their normal procedures as I have not even being diagnosed at all.

A chinese doctor came, asking a few questions and I was told to collect some urine for testing. I was diagnosed to have urinary tract infection and my blood pressure dropped n the white blood cells increase tremendously. I requested the doctor to give me a jab to ease my pain ASAP and I was observed for a while before I left the hospital.
I was given antibiotic and some other medication but 5 days. Relief parts was that I bot travel insurance just the day I left for the trip n I will be fully covered.

The pain came back after I left the hospital. I have to endure all the way back to my da jiu place and luckily I have mum and 姨妈 with me and they take turn to make me feel better.

The pain finally went off after 2 hrs of rest and that was when the little nephew reached and bump into my room.

Comments

sohcool said…
HI,
I hope you are totally recovered by now. What a way to start the holidays. Good thing you had your relatives around and travel insurance.
Lazzy said…
oh, i thought you went with your family .. u brave lor.. hee but the delicious food shown here seems worth it for the trip :)
MomiJJ said…
Lazzy, I went with my mum and aunt but they are taking another coach cos no more bus tickets from the same coach coy.
MomiJJ said…
Ashley, I was lucky cos my relatives are around so they knew where to get medical help for me. Luckily they sent me to a private hospital and not their public/govt hospital.

Popular posts from this blog

Couple Watch

Busy and happy Sunday

My 1st 10km - Army Half Marathon