Dumplings


I have being making dumplings for the past 3 years. This years the same I made the dumplings again and I only know how to make one kind of dumplings - the meat dunplings.
My father in law couldnt take bean and Law's mother, uncle and grandma do not really like the bean that I added into my dumplings. Therefore, I made the chestnut dumplings specially for them and only 30 pieces, no more no less.

This year, I made 110 dumplings by using 3.2kg of glutinous rice, 2kg of pork belly, 1 kg of bean, 0.5kg of green bean, 0.5 kg of mushroom, 300g of dried chestnut, 0.5kg of dried shrimps.

The more I do, the more skillful I am however, my dumplings are still not as beautiful yet. If my dear friends got those ugly wrapped dumplings that is probably done by me. Those very decent looking ones are done by my dearest mother. My mum of course could take as many as she liked, without her I will still be wrapping the dumplings at 11pm. It was fun cooking and chatting with my mum. Feeling so fortunate that I could we still have something in common even when I am now 36.

The next day, I go a Watsapp message from my sister asking me about my dumplings wrapping event. Her son has being asking about it. I got the hint, I told her to collect the dumplings from mother. She commented the dumplings are very flavourable this time right. Even PIL and Law's grandma said  they were very nice and a big piece of mushroom and pork belly meat can be found in the small dumpling and asked if I was too too generous with it.

Despite that I love my mother version of dumplings (those with the bean), Janelle told me she prefer those without. Hmmm...

I told my mum I wanted to try making NIAN GAO and no ordinary NIAO GAO but the one that everyone in the LEE family missed. My maternal grandpa lost recipe Fu zhou Niao Gao.

I wondered if my kids will learned to cook all the dishes when they are older.

Comments

Lazzy said…
thanks for the yummy dumplings.. I like it :)

Popular posts from this blog

Couple Watch

Busy and happy Sunday

My 1st 10km - Army Half Marathon