May God has mercy
I guess everyone is hanging on to the Mt KK earthquake and the news about Singapore students and teachers missing these few days. So am I, especially when these missing teachers and students are from Julian School - Tanjong Katong Primary School. A neighborhood school that develop the children not only academically but also very much into sports.
When we all heard about the missing students and teachers, I pray hard that they will be safe and hope they can be found soon. 8 students, 2 teachers then 1 found dead. My heart sunk, please tell us that the rest were only stuck at some places that yet they are still save.
More news when days passed, 6 more young future leaders and a teacher found dead. I couldnt control my tear when I read the news or whenever I heard the report over the news or even re-read the details posted on the Today. Imagine the pain the parents have to go through, receiving not hugs from their child but pale, cold body. They will never be able to get kisses from their child, not able to share the joy of PSLE results at the end of the year, not able to watch them grow to teenagers, to see them through graduations, not able to hear them calling anymore.
When I told Jan and Jul about the news, Julian came rushing and going through the names. He told me Teacher Loo was the one that brought him for his soccer selection. My dear son had a close encountered with the teacher who took them from school to Tampines SAFRA for the soccer selection.
Why is there an earthquake in Sabah? For many years, I did not hear there is any earthquake happening in Malaysia. I still remember my sister - Mary ever went for the climbing expedition at Mt KK when she was in secondary.
There are a student and a teacher who are still missing, we all praying that the rescue team could find them. However, as time goes by there we all afraid the chances is getting slimmer.
It was only much later that the missing teacher that was found last was actually Julian PE and Health Education teacher. I asked him if he felt sad about it, he gave me an expression that I couldnt understand but I believe he loves PE and he also love attending the teacher classes very much. He was the old that spotted him and sent him for soccer selection. We are still grateful to the two teachers that passed away to give Julian the chance to try out soccer and escort him safely to SAFRA last month for the soccer selection.
May god has mercy and that the children and the teacher are safely with god now. We also hope the teachers, working staffs and the students will braces themselves and move on. There are so many losses to the school.
There are a student and a teacher who are still missing, we all praying that the rescue team could find them. However, as time goes by there we all afraid the chances is getting slimmer.
It was only much later that the missing teacher that was found last was actually Julian PE and Health Education teacher. I asked him if he felt sad about it, he gave me an expression that I couldnt understand but I believe he loves PE and he also love attending the teacher classes very much. He was the old that spotted him and sent him for soccer selection. We are still grateful to the two teachers that passed away to give Julian the chance to try out soccer and escort him safely to SAFRA last month for the soccer selection.
May god has mercy and that the children and the teacher are safely with god now. We also hope the teachers, working staffs and the students will braces themselves and move on. There are so many losses to the school.
Comments