Glucose blood test
How many blood extraction do you have in your life so far. Did you count? I cannot say I am a brave woman as I never dare to look at the tube of blood they collecting from me. I seem to get poke more then my previous pregnancy. Gynae felt I needed glucose test because baby grew too much over 3 weeks so I was back at TMC after fasting for 9 hours to go for the test. It will took half day for the test. 1st extraction after the fast then I was given a bottle of sweet orange syrup to drink and I have to collect my urine sample 1 hr later plus blood test again then again for the 3 round. Look like I can only leave TMC around noon.
Must go and pray after this.
Took my 2nd urine sample and my blood test. Ouch! I was asked how I felt? I do feel different after the orange syrup. I started to feel stone after 30 min of waiting. For the final round I was told not to eat and drink and collect my urine sample an hour later. I wonder will I have anymore urine to collect an hour later.
An hour passed and I have to collect my urine sample again and my last needle prick. Each time is a different clinic assistant pricking my arm. The lady who did the last prick told me I didn't press my arm hard enough and my blood vein I flooding up and I can also see blue black. The last prick was painful and I was told sternly to press hard this time. Haizzz. Who will get prick so many time after each hour interval?
Can I still go to pray at beach road later? Hope I don't faint along the way.



Comments