Yearly July Affair

My July Birthday big boy is hinting me way before the month is here. He doesn't suggest another home celebration as I need more rest than to be busy in the kitchen cooking for others. I agreed with him on my energy level this time. Although I know Julian would like to spend the birthday and receiving many presents on his birthday. However, this year we will to do something different. We will have a dine out dinner for both the boys and Law already know what he wanted to have on that day.

In order not to disappoint the two boys, I have already placed restaurant reservation for 12 July. After asking colleague on the restaurant review I think I made the right choice (hopefully). Guess where are we going?  海底捞 - oh yes, I am ready to burn my purse there.

We allow Julian to chose his present and as usual he still looking for his transformer but this time what he aim at was slightly out of the budget. I told Law it will be up to him if he wanted to get for him as for me I decided to get him something more educational like board game for his birthday.

We end up sharing Julian's bday present because it was really not the cheap one and I have also ordered 2 sets of boardgame from USA, coming their way to Singapore.

As for my big boy, he wanted another luggage bag. I also think he is crazy for since it is his birthday I just get what he like. A cabin size Eminet luggage for his business trip.

Son has being telling me he wanted to eat the Japanese Shabu Shabu again but I told him we are trying something different but he still get to do his Shabu Shabu act.

This time I brought parent in law along, wanted them to try something different and thanks them for helping me with the kids.

Heading to Clark Quay brand. It took us a while to find out where is the building and main entrance.
Ordered a dual soup base (Herbal Chicken and Laksa). The chicken soup was very nice, even drinking alone, we still can find pieces of black chicken in the soup. The laksa soup base was not very thick, good enough for steamboat. 
Law did the order and I was sweating when he kept his order to 1 portion instead of half portion. I didnt want to over-order and have any left-over. Its not good to waste food and since it was a-la-cart so paid as you order. 

Noodles shifu coming over to perform his noodles skill at our tables. He made one super-long noodles for Julian which they said was longevity noodles for his birthday.  


When I walked into the restuarant, I noticed on their booking chart that some tables were indicated as Birthday Table. Out of curosity, I asked the waitress servicing our table if there was any special arrangement if I have someone birthday. She asked me who's birthday and I told her Julian. She immediately told us she can give Julian a bowl of longevity noodles and his drink will not be charged. I'm not greedy, I take what they sincerely offered to me. 

The noodles shifu came to our table 1st. Julian was super captivated but his performance, it was his 1st time celebrating his birthday out of the house and getting such special attention. My parent in law also enjoying the noodle performance but the shifu.

A Birthday Fruit Palette for Julian complimentary from the restaurant.
It was such a pleasant surprised to see the staff coming to our table with a plate of nicely decorated fruit palette with a candle and to sing birthday song for Julian. Julian felt cloud 9 too although he wasnt really a fruit person but I was glad he actually appreciated the little gesture that the staffs put in for him. He blew off the candle happily and shared the fruit with all of us. 

How do I look? Haha.. Not too fat during his pregnancy. Ok, we had a very good dinner, everyone loves the ingredients that was served. Yes, the billed did not come cheap but the service was good. So if a restuarant wanted to charge so much they better able to serve freshest ingredient and extremely attentive services to justify for that but I said I was very willingly to pay that amount. (for the birthday celebration) I wouldnt come often, but I will definitely recommend friends and families to at least try once here. 

Thanks  海底捞 for such a memorable birthday for Julian. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Couple Watch

Busy and happy Sunday

My 1st 10km - Army Half Marathon