A night of shoes hunt

My girl smsed me telling me she needed a black Mary Jane shoes and a kneecap long white sock for her coming band performance 3 days before. Okay, not another last minutes requirement that I have to fulfill for my kid. In my days, my parents would have screamed at me for telling them so last minutes. Modern parenting do not allow you to do that to your kids, you will have to 1st explained that early preparation is required (cannot blame Janelle because she only got to know it the same day as I do), 2nd you have to try your very best to do what you can - this is to show the kids that everyone must do their best, exercise all your available resources to complete the task. My resources are surf internet, check where I can get a black Mary Jane shoes, asked around, go shops by shops..... memory flash back if you even saw something similar before.

So we went Parkway Parade because the teacher said Bata is selling Mary Jane black shose but we realized she was right and also wrong because my Janelle is wearing adult size shoes which they only have for kids. Then we went crazy searching every little corner of the shopping malls for a Mary Jane black shoes, from D&C, Mimosa, Isetan, Hush Puppy. In fact, we did find Mary Jane Black shoes but they cost $70 a pair which I dun want to pay for. Law suggested that we tried Mustafa shopping mall after we exhausted all our options at Parkway Parade. 

We headed down to the busy shopping mall, hit the shoes section and in less than 5 min Janelle found not 1 but 2 Mary Jane designs black shoes. It was not only quite good looking, it has Janelle's size and it was so cheap. This beautiful and feminine pair of black Mary Jane shoes only cost $14.90. 

Even my dear daughter smiling on the price and that we dun have to spend so much on a pair of shoes that she may only wear it during her performance. 

There were 2 designs, this was a slightly higher heel but to Janelle is more comfortable. We went home late, tired but satisfied because mission accomplished. 


Along the way, Janelle though MARY JANE was just another shoes brand. She was quite puzzled at 1st why did I go round the mall looking for the shoes instead. I told her Mary Jane was actually the design name of the shoes, not really the brand name. Well, she learnt something new and so do I. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Couple Watch

Busy and happy Sunday

My 1st 10km - Army Half Marathon