Malicious SMS - IS THIS YOUR PHOTO

IS THIS YOUR PHOTO sms message has taken down many mobile users for just one day. Unfortunately, Janelle got it too and she did the click on the link and got affected. She doesnt know how the malware works till I explained to her but was after she had done the corrective action. 

Jan: Mum, did you know about the virus?
Me: Did you get it too?
Jan: Yah! 
Me: From who?
Jan: My friend!
Me: Did you click on it?
Jan: Yah, I didnt know.
Me: Oh dear. Do you know what it will do?
Jan: ??
Me: It will send out the similar SMS to all your friends in your contact list and con them to click the link.
Jan: Oh shit!
Me: What did you see after you click the link?
Jan: I see many advertisements coming in none stop and it is annoying. 
Me: What did you do?
Jan: I uninstalled the Photoviewer cos it keep giving me the advertisements.
Me: Did it stop after that? 
Jan: Yah.. 

When I had this conversation with her, I have no idea what is the corrective action to be taken but I think my girl is observant enough to spot the App that is giving her the problem, nail on it and get rid of it. Well done Jan!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Couple Watch

Busy and happy Sunday

My 1st 10km - Army Half Marathon