My new oven, my 1st bake
My dear husband is waiting for me to start using the oven and I am still thinking which bake to do 1st. I had decided to try baking a bread. I asked 小姨 for a good bread recipe to try out. She gave me something, something she tried before and produced good result but this recipe required overnight proofing for the 1st dough. So I did the 1st dough on Saturday night and let it proofed overnight.
Sunday was a busy day for me. I need to prepare a quick dinner for Janelle before she went for her a concert. So I had to call Law in to help me to set up the oven. This was the 1st time I saw him so into my kitchen gadget. May be because he was the one getting it and he was so precious of it. Well, this is the most expansive gadget in my kitchen area now. (last year with my Pinky Kitchenaid) Now he is helping me to set the oven timer and thanks that he stepped in because he told me that it instructed to heat up the oven for 20 mins before 1st use. If me, I will simply dump my bread in for cooking. It was just like washing n socking your 1st cooking pan in hoy water for the 1st time.
He not only help me with the time, 1st time oven warm up. He also helped me to set thr ovem temperature for the 1st bake. We just dun know how the oven works cos it is all digital. Have to make a few press to get to the right mode. There is a bread mode but we couldnt understand why it ask for the bread weight so we switched to manual fan mode that allow us to set the temperature and the baking time.
I have also learned from 小姨 that I should place my bread at the lower rack so the bread will be burnt on the surface. Putting at the lower rack allow the bread to raise at the rate it should be and gave a nice crust on the bottom.
It was really a good recipe because the bread was so soft and rose so beautifully.
Look at the nice even roast on the surface and there is no turning needed. Both Law and I were so pleased with the rest. It went so well with the minced meat sauce I made on Sarurday.
I took a photo to show 小姨。A thumb up from my 小姨 and 小舅。 This recipe is a keeper but is a very sticky dough to handle. I didnt use my mixer and use my hand instead. I would recommend to use a.mixer, just to make work easier.
Comments