大年初二 (上)
Many events happened on 2nd day of CNY.
1stly, I brot the kids to Law's 二舅 house for CNY visitation. I reached there just before 12noon and we were the 1st to reach. OK it is quite pai seh to reach so early and seeing them still busy preparing for lunch. Oops forgot about the background story of the visitation.
Well, since when - not too sure when actually but many years back either before I got married or after the year Janelle was borned. 二舅 had started to invite families to his house on the 2nd day or the CNY weekend for a gathering. Since he is a hawker selling chicken rice at Chin Bee Hawker center, he is quite good with cooking and so are his wife. We always visit his stall when we go Chin Bee Hawker and will end up having free meal provided by him. I still rbr there was a year where I presented my roasted pork during CNY. He actually gave me some tips to make my roasted pork better, it is a pity that his children did not learn any skill from the couples. As for his wife, she is a great cook too. Her assam curry fish head is super, her prawn paste chix is Janelle's favourite as I got commented that mine was not as good as 二舅婆. See, my dearest daugher never know how to save some faces for me at all. *duh*
When I reached the places, 二舅婆 was asking if my MIL will be coming and if BIL coming too. I dropped SIL an sms then I asked Janelle to call MIL. MIL sound surprised that we went over and asked if 二舅 invited us over yesterday.
Oh no, you meant we are not invited actually? I thot everyone was, shld it be made so official? Suddenly I felt very uneasy, especially when we were the 1st to reach and nobody actually arrived yet. It was only 20 min later when I saw Law's 二姨's family arrived by then I did feel slight embarrassed.
To make myself more thicked face, I actually asked if I could start tugging into the food giving the excuse that I wanted to bring the kids to Sentosa for the Flower fest. Law's cousin was nice, he helped me with the food and the rest of the pple started eating as well, didnt make us look that bad.
I didnt wait for MIL to come and left for Sentosa, wanted to give the children something special for CNY. Unfortunately, my New age children did not really appreciate the programme I had for them. 1stly, Janelle complained about lots of walking, then the kids kept asking to rest. Old sydrome at this young age.
The worse part is yet to come when Janelle complained that she only collected 2 ang mos comparing to last few years where she got to collect more at 二舅公's place. OMG! I can simply paste a big $$ face on her.
The rest are my injury story.
1stly, I brot the kids to Law's 二舅 house for CNY visitation. I reached there just before 12noon and we were the 1st to reach. OK it is quite pai seh to reach so early and seeing them still busy preparing for lunch. Oops forgot about the background story of the visitation.
Well, since when - not too sure when actually but many years back either before I got married or after the year Janelle was borned. 二舅 had started to invite families to his house on the 2nd day or the CNY weekend for a gathering. Since he is a hawker selling chicken rice at Chin Bee Hawker center, he is quite good with cooking and so are his wife. We always visit his stall when we go Chin Bee Hawker and will end up having free meal provided by him. I still rbr there was a year where I presented my roasted pork during CNY. He actually gave me some tips to make my roasted pork better, it is a pity that his children did not learn any skill from the couples. As for his wife, she is a great cook too. Her assam curry fish head is super, her prawn paste chix is Janelle's favourite as I got commented that mine was not as good as 二舅婆. See, my dearest daugher never know how to save some faces for me at all. *duh*
When I reached the places, 二舅婆 was asking if my MIL will be coming and if BIL coming too. I dropped SIL an sms then I asked Janelle to call MIL. MIL sound surprised that we went over and asked if 二舅 invited us over yesterday.
Oh no, you meant we are not invited actually? I thot everyone was, shld it be made so official? Suddenly I felt very uneasy, especially when we were the 1st to reach and nobody actually arrived yet. It was only 20 min later when I saw Law's 二姨's family arrived by then I did feel slight embarrassed.
To make myself more thicked face, I actually asked if I could start tugging into the food giving the excuse that I wanted to bring the kids to Sentosa for the Flower fest. Law's cousin was nice, he helped me with the food and the rest of the pple started eating as well, didnt make us look that bad.
I didnt wait for MIL to come and left for Sentosa, wanted to give the children something special for CNY. Unfortunately, my New age children did not really appreciate the programme I had for them. 1stly, Janelle complained about lots of walking, then the kids kept asking to rest. Old sydrome at this young age.
The worse part is yet to come when Janelle complained that she only collected 2 ang mos comparing to last few years where she got to collect more at 二舅公's place. OMG! I can simply paste a big $$ face on her.
The rest are my injury story.
Comments