I smell of butter

Has being doing alot of baking on weekends. I have managed to bake a Prune butter cake for Vivien when I visited her on Friday nite. Luckily the prune cake turned out well and I am glad the family like it. She suggested I tried chocolate next time. hahaha..

I went to get fresh coconut to squeeze out coconut milk to make the kueh Bangkits. This time I used the Saga flour instead. Well, the result was good cos the biscuit really melted in the mouth but I dun like the taste the sago flour. I still find tapoica flour give a better fragnant but was very tricky to work with tapoica flour. Well, I will not be trying to make anymore kueh Bangkits since my sister fly my kite and didnt turn out to help me. I still managed to clear up the 600g of saga flour and make two small boxes of kueh Bangkits.

Well, my love letter was running low so i make more for my mum and MIL. I have no intention to save anything for myself. All these making has make me lost the craving for CNY goodies.

I make another attempt for Kueh Lapis again, since I have some hard liquer left and didnt want to waste them but that meant I have 15 eggs white not knowing wat to do with it. Together with the previous batch tat was 30 worth of egg white. I couldnt find any recipe to clear my egg white yet.

2nd attempts of Lapis, I cut down the butter but it turn out a bit dry. I have asked my collicks to test my 1st Lapis and they said was very nice. Very nice of them....

Well, I still intent to make 2 cakes for the kids to bring to school on Friday.

Comments

Vivian said…
Hi Shirley,

You can try and make Meringue Cookies with your egg white!! =)

Odie
Vivian said…
oppss... I forgot to give the recipe to you. You can find it here http://www.joyofbaking.com/MeringueCookies.html

Popular posts from this blog

Couple Watch

Busy and happy Sunday

My 1st 10km - Army Half Marathon