Handwriting
Good handwriting is never a top prority for my kids, as long as the words are readiable I could brush it away at least not for preschool cos I do not want to put too much stress on the kids. This is especially for Julian, since we all feel he is not as fast learner as Janelle but yet quite a steady one. With no expectation, he gives us surprises from time to time. I love surprises!
Back to writing. I am pretty strict on Janelle on this area when she reached P1 and some may felt it will be too late for the kid to adjust and trying to writing beautifully. Fortunate, the kids love their form teacher very much and very much listen to her so I have seen great improvement in her writing. However, when come to external lessons, she doesnt care and such habit doesnt seem to be very consisitent for Janelle and I have to enforce it really hard on her. Which mean I spend more time going thru her work and the harsh time increases.
As for Julian, he still in my free play zone which I allow him to write whatever he likes. Surprise, surprise, from grumbling about writing on every Friday to be able to sit down and complete all of them under my supervisor, I see great improvement in him. He surprised me with neat handwriting when he is doing his Chinese writing and I dun have to battle with him every Friday when I need him to complete his writing homework.
Back to writing. I am pretty strict on Janelle on this area when she reached P1 and some may felt it will be too late for the kid to adjust and trying to writing beautifully. Fortunate, the kids love their form teacher very much and very much listen to her so I have seen great improvement in her writing. However, when come to external lessons, she doesnt care and such habit doesnt seem to be very consisitent for Janelle and I have to enforce it really hard on her. Which mean I spend more time going thru her work and the harsh time increases.
As for Julian, he still in my free play zone which I allow him to write whatever he likes. Surprise, surprise, from grumbling about writing on every Friday to be able to sit down and complete all of them under my supervisor, I see great improvement in him. He surprised me with neat handwriting when he is doing his Chinese writing and I dun have to battle with him every Friday when I need him to complete his writing homework.
Comments